My Humble Abode

The illustrious ramblings of an idiosyncratic fellow (Man of Feeling, perhaps?), complete with nonsensical tintinabulations

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I am the great big mouth

Well now, this is my first real "blog". I've never done this sort of thing before, should be interesting. I might put up some poetry here, that would be cool. We'll see. This is sort of like talking to one's self, I kinda like that.

Well, today was an interestingly non-interesting day. The highlight of the day was when I purchased Soul Caliber II for my baby, the playstation2. Oh yeah, and we mustn't forget when I got called in earlier than expected for work. We mustn't forget that.

I have been thinking about the postmodernists. I understand their dilemma, but in explaining to someone close to me how I feel some people over-emphasize the importance of such things as definitions. For instance, how two people can't scientifically touch (the two particles never truly meet) but for all constructive purposes, movement occurs which illicits a response which is "touch" even though two points never really meet.

Ditto with the postmodernists. We can never see through another's eyes, but there are universals, like, oh, I dunno, the sun, the moon, the stars, and all such things that we all agree actually exist.

But ah well, that's my rant for the day, many people have heard it.

Now where did I leave that sammidge???

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

heyos - these are very much like talking to oneself or if you choose a huge audience. :P I usually just end up writing my stuff for whomever i know reads it - most often its you and Jay.

ciao

4:02 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Ah, well I will bear that in mind when I write my next blog.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home