My Humble Abode

The illustrious ramblings of an idiosyncratic fellow (Man of Feeling, perhaps?), complete with nonsensical tintinabulations

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

One Screenplay finished

Writing a screenplay is harder work than people give it credit. I just recently finished my first screenplay, and it took a total of 3-4 months (not sure if it was three or four... lost track of the days).

I plan on writing another screenplay, and hopefully quickening the pace so that I can write in a more fastpaced environment (and that way I can also work at the same time... so that my average schmuck job doesn't slow down my writing).

I still haven't successfully written an entire novel, though I had two in the making... ideas that roughly got abandoned for their immaturity and whatnot.

But I am very exceedingly happy and satisfied after the completion of my first screenplay. I am banging out ways of describing it for a pitch to some companies, and plan on sending it to the eerie film festival, hopefully with some interesting results.

This is also why I plan on writing a second screenplay... or at least having one mostly written. That way, if I win the contest, and schmooze with the biggies of the horror industry, and they ask, "say, I really liked your script, do you have any others?" I can be like... "fo shizzle ma dizzle!"

Okay, so I won't use that language, but you get the point.

At any rate, I am off to work my superpowers of writing...

Shaggy-out

1 Comments:

Blogger Quiet Nova said...

I'm a writer myself, and I can tell you, if you have an idea that seems too immature to publish, don't throw it out - rewrite it. I've done this several times, and immature ideas can lead to some very interesting works.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home