My Humble Abode

The illustrious ramblings of an idiosyncratic fellow (Man of Feeling, perhaps?), complete with nonsensical tintinabulations

Friday, September 22, 2006

New Design

I admit it... I did it. I swore I would always put the work into developing my own layout; I always thought templates were for blogs and other extended networks, but not for one's homepage.

And yet... here I am, wrestling with time constraints, and my host offers a plethora of wonderfully expressive templates... ones which place a less cluttered look to my page and I am deciding that perhaps templates aren't a bad thing after all.

I mean, you are basically using the services of professionally developed layouts for free! The site looks snazzier ever since I decided to include the templates, and a short alteration to the code is all I need to update! And since I already know the coding involved (from trying to develop my own layout), I can easily edit this one to behave like I want it to.

Win-win, if you ask me.

Originally, the new template was only going to be for one section, but I will probably be extending it for other ones. I will, however, require heavy modification for at least one of the three sections in mind, heavy enough to involve me taking new photos for borders and such, developing areas for ads, etc.

Ah the wonderfully over-busy life of one devoted to the arts and developing a website hub for storytellers! But it will happen, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home