My Humble Abode

The illustrious ramblings of an idiosyncratic fellow (Man of Feeling, perhaps?), complete with nonsensical tintinabulations

Saturday, October 28, 2006

An interesting source of information

I have been slacking... yes, even I do it from time to time. But I thought you might be interested in a few things I managed to find in my last minute scrounged work before I go to bed-time:

The International Internet Marketting Association is a wonderful source of information on internet marketting, plus it is a not-for-profit organization, which makes the information not only easily accessible, but free!

Microsoft's research in usability will go into my site, and hopefully will help improve the overall design.

And, last but not least, the internet advertising bureau is, like the internet marketting association, completely free and not-for-profit.

These sites, used as tools, should help me create a better (more markettable) site, as well as create a better marketting plan for my site.

So, hopefully, a bigger, badder, monsterintern.com will result in my research.

God, I hope the old adage about hard work directly paying off in the end is true: no hard work is unrewarded. I hope to create a site that will not only foster my own strengths, but also heighten the storytelling community. It is becoming, as I work harder to instantiate this site/this company, not only a strong desire but an obsession-- to see storytelling garner the attention and academic nobility that it deserves.

We'll see... only time will tell. And though they say that 80% of internet businesses fail, all that tells me is that 80% of online businesses give up. That is the only way of guaranteeing failure.

Until tomorrow, I just keep moving on. Until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home